Sunday, December 02, 2007

Paper Roses

When I was young and for as long as I can remember, my mum used to always hum this tune while she was doing housework, cooking, or driving...it was just yesterday that I finally asked her, whats this song that she keeps singing. She said it was called Paper Roses, she sang it to me, I thought the lyrics were beautiful, painful but beautiful, so I searched for it, it was originally sung in 1961 by Anita Bryant, then later sung by Marie Osmond in 1973. I found her video on YouTube check it out:)



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is the saddest song I have heard... but as you said the lyrics were painful but beautiful. Marie was also great!

by the way, there's a better video here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eGHPCOqr7s

I hope your mom lots of love and joy.

10:34 AM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

Thanks for the link:)Same to you:)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home