Sunday, October 21, 2007

Update: Gabriella the Kitten

Hello,
So Gabby's got a new family now. There are a family of 6 children, just what she needs, a busy household, they stumbled across me and hubbys blogs and saw her and fell in love with her. I cried a good hour after they took her and a couple more at around bedtime. At least she'll be happier now and get the attention she craves that I was unable to give her.
Gabbys family, here are some more Gabby tips I forgot to mention:
1. She loves looking out the window for ages.
2. Loves to cuddle on your lap while you're watching TV.
3. Careful when you pick her up, use both hands, shes recently been spayed and her stitches are healing still.
4. She loves all kinds of cat food, make sure you give her both soft and dry food and ALWAYS have a fresh bowl of water available.
5. Her favourite Doctors at IVH (International Veterinary hospital) are Dr Carlo and Dr Angelo.
6. Buy her more toys, not too big just small enough that she could carry it around in her mouth when youre playing fetch.
7. Wash her blankie once a month.
8. She doesnt mind you clipping her nails, so you dont need to do that at the clinic you can do it yourself, for her its ike giving her a manicure, its calms her:)
9. If she gets naughty have in handy a little spray bottle, fill it with water, but make sure you spray her seconds after shes been naughty and not punish her after an hour otherwise she wont know when and what she did at the time was wrong.
10. If you get angry with her and push her away she will stick to you even more, shes very affectionate like that and will want to please you.
11. Change her litterbox 1-2times a week
12. Give her lots and lotsa love:)






I can't think of anything else at this point. Love you Gabby-x-

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, nice picture.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope she gets good treatment, especially from the kids :/

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam :)
Thought I'd drop you a note to let you know how Gabby is doing.

She spent the first night exploring our house, like any other cat. I made sure she knew where the litter box was, like you told me, and gave her some food and water.

In the morning, she met my brothers (ages 10 and 13). They hit along pretty well and she decided to move in with my younger brother's zoo of stuffed animals: she slept alongside a polar bear, hippo, and a crab. So, as you can see, we are keeping her among wild things, lol.

My brothers are pretty good with animals, alhamdulillah. They've lived with cats since they were young and know how to act around them and how to treat them. In addition to cats, they've had pet sheep :)

Anyway, thank you for the extra tips! I'll print them out so I don't forget anything.

Thanks for letting us adopt Gabby, we really missed having cats around the house and we are very glad to have her.

PS - We're familiar with Dr. Carlos, he fell in love with one of our old cats and wanted to take him. Our cat liked him too. ;)

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Esperanza, it sounds like such an accepting and loving home, and they have prior experience with cats. It's so hard giving them up for adoption, but you did a great job finding Gabby a new family.

8:17 AM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

Dearest Fatima,

My heart is at rest now:) If you ever need anything or have any questions feel free to contact me:)

2:49 AM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

Intlxpatr: Thanks:) Im happy now, I will miss her but I know Gabby is in good hands, she has a lovely new family:)

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Princesita!
I am glad to hear that you are happy now. ;-)
Perhaps we can arrange "visitations" if you'd like?! Whenever you miss her, you're more than welcome to drop by. I'll be posting some pics soon.

3:02 PM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

Hi Shaymaa,

Pics would be wonderful thanks 7obi:)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home