Monday, August 27, 2007

Finger Rehab


Hey All,
So after posponing going to the doc for almost 2 months I decided to go and have my finger x-rayed. Im not sure how or when exactly I injured it(most prob during karate training) but it started to hurt like hell recently.
So I went to my uncle who is a radiologist in one of the private hospitals. The good news is its not fractured, just badly bruised. Doc says I should have had it taken care of the same day I injured it...What he doesnt understand is that in karate we ALWAYS get injured, and we let it pass, its not the first time. In this case I was unaware of how badly I injured myself.

We're starting karate again in September now that our Sensei is coming back from vacation. I have to fix it! I can't even make a fist! I literally stuck my finger in the docs face and was like "I need you to fix it!"...He said it'll take while to heal and in the mean time to stay away from any contact sports. I need to splint my finger(I'm not sure Im saying this right) for 10 days and then follow up. Sucks.

So that was before yesterday, I promised hubby I'd leave it on for the whole day but I had to take it off bc 1. It was annoying me and 2. I had to take a shower. So I took it off yesterday morning and mum(who is a retired nurse) put a new one for me, which is a plus in this case bc i dont have to go to the doc everytime for a new splint and bandage.

Now since I've only seen a general doctor mum advised me to see an orthpedic doctor, she suspects a ruptured tendon. Damn.

But heres another plus! I wont be doing dishes for a while so Yay:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

More dishes for me to do! Yay! :D

Just admit to the truth, it's not karate..you're a husband beater! :P

hehe..salamat!

4:11 AM  
Blogger Whiskey said...

Now which finger is that?

4:13 AM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

Я: Lol iysalmik:)

whiskey:That my dear would be my index finger...Right hand:)

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home