Sunday, August 19, 2007

Post-Marriage Symptoms

Hi All,

I know I haven’t really been writing anything serious on my blog, for some reason I’ve always been quite hesitant to express myself, even though in both my personal life and work I’ve always been subjected to constructive criticism, maybe its because the ones who criticize me know me well enough to pass judgment and I allow it, but writing my thoughts and view on things, people, and life to strangers is something else. It’s about time don’t you think?

I’ve mentioned hubby a few times in my blogs so ya’ll know I’m married. It’s been almost 10 months now. I’d have to say that marriage has its ups and downs but as long as there is communication and compromise between the two you could always reach a mutual conformity. Don’t get me wrong, I am happily married. But for sure you gotta hit a few speed bumps every now and again.

So anyways, I’ve noticed a lot of changes in me that I never would have thought possible. I listed some I’m sure there’s more but cant think of them at the moment:

For example, the IDEA, just the thought of cooking would have never crossed my mind until now. I was terrified of the cooking stove, embarrassing yes, I’ve always had this mental image of the stove blowing up on me, when it comes to lighting a gas stove during my single days I use to light it with a match and then use tongs to hold the match and then I light the stove lol…im a wuss I know, and that’s coming from someone whos been in the Karate academy for more than 3 years hehehe:)
So anyways my mother-in-law got me a lighter thingy so that was solved, when we later moved into our new apartment I got an electric stove. Hubby thought it would be better and safer, I have the tendency to leave my very long and straight hair down while im cooking, I also have the tendency to dance and sing while I’m at it...not a good combination hehe:)

So yes Cooking!!I LOVE cooking, before I got married all I could make was microwave popcorn! And a cup of coffee (which doesn’t always come out good). Who would have thought that just after a few months I could make meatloaf, pasta, teriyaki, salads, cookies? No one! But I know myself and my constant quest for perfection to be good at everything I do, I want to be the best wife, employee, mother(not yet though), sister…it can be exhausting though…..hubby has to remind me from time to time that I am NOT superwoman.

I also used to be the messiest (probably the most out of my 4 sisters), it used to get so bad you cant see the floor, I found a spoon once AND a bowl of stale popcorn in my desk drawer and cubby .My most messiest was during my college days, what with papers, pictures and posters sprawled all over the floor and wall, I am Geologist, and the only other person I know who is as messy as me is one of my professors, and his excuse is “all geologists are messy”… that didn’t work on mum though:)

The NEW me is constantly cleaning the apartment, I don’t have a nanny and I don’t plan on having one until much later, right now I like the idea of taking care of my place myself, I like my privacy, I know ill have to surrender eventually when I have a baby, I hold a 7am-4pm job with a possible part-time job(tentative) on weekends so a nanny would be useful in the future.

I love my washer and dryer. I think whoever invented it was genius. During my single days I remember traveling to Houston for work for a month and I had to do my own laundry….all my white clothes turned green….i think it was that evil green sweater I just happened to mix in with the load:)

Now I have a routine with that, I have 3 loads, I call them The Colours, The Lights and The Whites….no more mixing I learned my lesson. Love the smell of fresh laundry:)

I enjoy the home and kitchen items section in the supermarket. Yes its become my heaven, I don’t think I ever went to that section during my single days unless I was forced to. Now I get strangely excited whenever I stroll by those aisles:)

So that’s my random blabber for now
....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) That's such a sweet post! I know a woman's gotta change & what you're going through is natural, enshallah you will have a very very long happy life with hubby and have many many kids :P

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What chika said..'many many kids!' *evil smile*

Marriage is a true roller coaster ride, I'm gunning for the high loops rather than the dips. :)

3:55 AM  
Blogger K.thekuwaiti said...

Bloggers shouldn't be allowed to post about cooking unless they are prepared to deliver to it readers homes. Thats what I don't like about Fatafeet .. how do I know the food doesn't taste like leftovers?

7:41 AM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

chika: Thanks:)

Я: Thats the spirit!:)

Kthekuwaiti: Ask Я I believehe knows my cooking pretty well;) Otherwise come over and I'll do a live cook-off and you be the judge:)

1:36 AM  
Blogger ananyah said...

it's so cute to see ur writing about being married moonie (eek am I allowed to say that nick?)

You've grown up and become a wonderful person, married to a good guy oo enshalla as chika said (and ur hubby wants) tons of lil tiny moonie's hehehehe

I can't wait to see u guys when I'm next in q8 ;*

7:17 AM  
Blogger Intlxpatr said...

You are off to a great start. And you are right, marriage just isn't always a lot of fun, but without the downs, you don't get the ups. And you have some real thrills in store - you can't begin to imagine. But experiencing them together is a glue that bonds tightly, so tightly that when things go wrong - and it happens - that glue is strong enough to get you through the tough times.

Think how far you have already come on this great adventure! :-)

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a totally different life, isn't it?:) I went through the same thing with the cooking part! Wait til you have a baby and become a mommy...life is gonna have a whole new meaning to you :) Wish you all the best in this wonderful "rollercoaster" of life..life just ain't worth living without it ;)

10:01 PM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:28 PM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

ananyah: Thanks sweety:*

Intlxpatr : yes its true I know I've only been married a short time and soooo much has happened. But bc we are so close it made our journey somewhat more reasuring,we know that we have each other to lean on regardless of what situtation we happen be in. When i think about it yes its been a long ride and knowing that we've survived it is amazing:)

Chimerical: thanks babe:) Yeah the cooking...who wouldve thought right? At the beginning when my mum and sisters come over they can't help but giggle whenever they see me in the kithcen, it seems so surreal to them:)Gosh a baby...now thats something:)

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home